This Brief gives an overview of the main measures announced in the Budget 2018-2019 with a special focus on social aspects of the Budget relating to the 4 priority areas of YUVA.
- Rs 1 billion to target some 14,000 unemployed and to tackle youth unemployment
- 3,000 youths to join the National Skills Development Programme (NSDP) for technical training
- Youth Service Programme introduced under the aegis of the Ministry of Youth and Sports to develop soft skills such as team building, discipline, communication and work ethics
- 3,000 unemployed to be enrolled in the National Apprenticeship Programme run by MITD
- Youth Employment Programme (YEP) to cater for post-HSC unemployed