Nearly every family in the world is touched by cancer, which is now responsible for almost one in six deaths globally. On World Cancer Day (4 February) WHO highlights that cancer no longer needs to be a death sentence, as the capacity exists to reduce its burden and improve the survival and quality of life of people living with the disease.
Continue reading “4 February: World Cancer Day 2019”
“All countries can do more to prevent and treat cancer. We know the main causes. Acting upon them will avoid that many cases occur in the first place. By strengthening the health system response, we can also ensure earlier diagnosis and better access to affordable treatment by qualified personnel, thereby saving millions of lives.”Dr Etienne Krug, WHO Director for the Department for Management of Noncommunicable Diseases, Disability, Violence and Injury Prevention
WHO is leading a global campaign on depression for World Health Day 2017, celebrated today. Its goal is to enable more people with mental disorders to live healthy, productive lives.
- Depression is a common mental disorder. Globally, more than 300 million people of all ages suffer from depression.
- Depression is the leading cause of disability worldwide, and is a major contributor to the overall global burden of disease.
- More women are affected by depression than men.
- At its worst, depression can lead to suicide.
- There are effective treatments for depression.
Continue reading “7 April, World Health Day: Let’s talk about Depression”
We are looking for smart and motivated interns in Mauritius that are interested in a career in graphic designing work.
They must have strong organisational skills, drive, and can fulfil their commitments. We need an intern that can work five days a week – Monday and Friday. This is an unpaid internship, but an incredible opportunity for exposure into the NGO world is guaranteed. We will provide transport allowance.
General tasks for the Graphic Designer
- Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering information and materials.
- Plans concept by studying information and materials.
- Illustrates concept by designing rough layout of art and copy regarding arrangement, size, type size and style, and related aesthetic concepts.
- Obtains approval of concept by submitting rough layout for approval.
- Prepares finished copy and art by operating typesetting, printing, and similar equipment; purchasing from vendors.
- Prepares final layout by marking and pasting up finished copy and art.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment.
- Completes projects by coordinating with outside agencies, art services, printers, etc.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending design workshops; reviewing professional publications; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Job application form: Download Here
NOTE: After completing the job application form, please convert it to .PDF format and send it, along with a Cover Letter, to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org