Help your school, office or community get to grips with the latest coronavirus advice by downloading these A3 posters and sticking them around.Continue reading “Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) in Mauritius: Infographics for Safety”
Together with young leaders and changemakers in Mauritius, we believe we can #endpoverty by 2030.
YUVA internship programme offers an outstanding graduate-level student the opportunity to acquire direct exposure to YUVA‘s work with the objective of deepening his/her knowledge and understanding of YUVA’s goals, principles and activities. It is designed to complement development-oriented studies with practical experience in various professional aspects. Interns are not financially remunerated by YUVA.
Objective of the internship: Intern assignment is an opportunity to learn through experience and develop relevant professional and soft skills. It will provide young specialist with a way to meaningfully contribute to peace and sustainable human development results.
Under the direct guidance and supervision of the Digital Media team, the Intern provides the support in carrying out the communication related activities of the district assigned, ensuring high quality of work and timely service delivery.
Digital Media at YUVA is at the forefront of advancing online communications and outreach within the organization and is seeking a graduate student with an interest in global issues and social media to assist in building our outreach efforts. This post will give you the opportunity to assist in developing digital strategies for campaign projects that raise awareness for and engage people in YUVA’s efforts to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals by 2025. This internship includes networking with YUVA’s online community, researching and implementing digital services for campaigning and project management of multimedia content and engagement tools.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Social Media Manager, the intern will specifically be responsible for the following:
- Keep up to date on new social media tools (especially Facebook and Instagram), best practice and how other organizations and companies are using them in order to identify new campaigning opportunities.
- Develop and implement strategies and new tools for recruiting and engaging supporters through social media.
- Support the management of YUVA’s global presence on social media including regular updates and personal communications with fans and followers.
- Have a demonstrated keen interest in the work of the YUVA and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Sustainable Developments 2025.
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of concentration.
- Ability to work under stress.
- Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments.
- Observing deadlines and achieving results.
- Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges.
- Remains calm in stressful situations.
Interns must have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals.
- Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise.
- Is willing to learn from others.
- Places team agenda before personal agenda.
- Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position.
- Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
- Keeps abreast of available technology.
- Understands applicability and limitations of technology to the work of the office.
- Actively seeks to apply technology to appropriate tasks.
- Shows willingness to learn new technology.
- Speaks and writes clearly and effectively.
- Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately.
- Asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication.
- Tailors language, tone, style and format to match audience.
- Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
Must be enrolled in a 1st year or above university degree in Marketing, Communication, Journalism, Public Relations or a related discipline.
Applicants are not required to have professional work experience for participation in the Internship Programme.
Setting and Reporting
The selected intern will work directly with the District President to whom he/ she is assigned. No transport is required as the intern will work directly from his place of residence but the intern must be in permanent contact with the Social Media Manager and his assigned team.
Applications should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 29 February 2016. When sending to this mailbox, please ensure that the position you are applying for, ‘Marketing & Communications Internship’, is quoted on the subject line.
Job application form: Download Here
NOTE: After completing the job application form, please convert it to .PDF format and send it, along with a Cover Letter, to the following e-mail address: email@example.com.
Deadline: November 1, 2015
Location: Facebook Headquarters, USA.
Applications are invited for Facebook fellowship program available to domestic and international students for full-time PhD accredited doctoral program focusing on a topic or field relevant to Facebook. Up to twelve (12) academic fellowships are awarded for a period of for two years. Each Facebook Fellowship includes several benefits like tuition and fees for the academic year(s)as well as $37,000 yearly grant, paid visit to Facebook HQ to present research and opportunity for paid internship.
Fellowships are awarded in the fields relevant to Facebook, such as: Artificial Intelligence, Computer Architecture, Computer Vision, Data Mining, Databases , Distributed Systems, Networking & Operating Systems , Economics and Computation, Human-Computer Interaction , Machine Learning , Natural Language Processing , Networking & Operating Systems , Programming Languages & Compilers, Security & Privacy, Social Computing, Software Engineering, Speech Technologies.
This Program is open to individuals who are enrolled full-time, as defined by the individual’s university, and in good standing at an appropriately accredited doctoral program focusing on a Topic or Field (whether an individual is engaged in research in a Topic or Field will be determined in Facebook’s sole discretion).
Candidates are not eligible to participate in this Program if they are a national or legal resident of those countries in which the United States has embargoed goods (including, without limitation, Cuba, North Korea, Iran, and Syria, unless you are enrolled full-time at an accredited university in the United States or a non-embargoed country, with the exception of nationals and legal residents of Cuba, who are unconditionally ineligible to participate). Applicants should be aware that Facebook’s ability to select for receipt of an Award a PhD Student who is from a country against which the United States has imposed comprehensive economic sanctions (such as Cuba, Iran, Sudan, Syria, or North Korea) may be sharply limited by United States law.
Further, the Award, or portions thereof, may be forfeited if an Award recipient does not remain enrolled with full-time status and in good standing at the same doctoral program for the entire period of the award. It is the obligation of all applicants to ensure that applying for the Award, participating in this
Program and, as applicable, received an Award, complies with all laws, rules and regulations of the jurisdiction in which such applicant is a legal resident/national.
Each Facebook Fellowship includes several benefits:
- Tuition and fees will be paid for the academic year(s) 2016-2017 and 2017-2018
- $37,000 yearly grant
- Paid visit to Facebook HQ to present your research
- Opportunity for paid internship
In Round 1, Reviewers from each topical area will be assigned to an application and score them based on the following criteria:
- Strength of applicant’s publication record, as detailed in the applicant’s CV.
- The merit of the research proposal, including its innovativeness and importance to the identified industry or field.
- Strength of applicant’s references
Those Applications that receive the highest scores in Round 1 will move onto Round 2, but the number of Applications that move onto Round 2 and the Fields/Topics from which they come will be determined in Facebook’s sole discretion. In Round 2, a team of Reviewers from each area will discuss the top applicants in their own area and compare them to those in other areas based on the same criteria as Round 1 above. In Round 3, all finalists will be reviewed and compared. The finalists will be selected by a final panel that may include a Facebook engineering director and CTO (subject to availability).
To apply, eligible individuals must submit the following materials (collectively, “Application”) to Facebook ONLINE or email a Word or PDF file of the Application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Fellowship Program Application”:
- Curriculum Vitae (“CV”): Your Application must include your CV, which should detail prior relevant work experience, academic record, and publication record.
- Letters of Reference: Application must include the name and contact information of two (2) people who will be providing letters of reference on behalf of the applicant. The letters of reference should address the applicant’s skills and character and why the applicant deserves to receive the Award. One (1) letter of reference must be from the applicant’s current doctoral program advisor. All letters must be submitted by the references by the Application due date.
- Research Proposal: Application must include a one (1) to two (2) page (single-spaced, 12 point Times New Roman font, one (1) inch margins) research proposal in your Field of study. Research proposals will be reviewed, subject to the two (2) page limit, and any page(s) submitted in excess of the two (2) page limit may not be read.
- Research Area: The research proposal must address the applicant’s PhD research area.
- Transcript (optional): Application may also include transcripts from any/all post-secondary educational institutions that the applicant has attended.