YUVA internship programme offers an outstanding graduate-level student the opportunity to acquire direct exposure to YUVA‘s work with the objective of deepening his/her knowledge and understanding of YUVA’s goals, principles and activities. It is designed to complement development-oriented studies with practical experience in various professional aspects. Interns are not financially remunerated by YUVA.
Objective of the internship: Intern assignment is an opportunity to learn through experience and develop relevant professional and soft skills. It will provide young specialist with a way to meaningfully contribute to peace and sustainable human development results.
Under the direct guidance and supervision of the Digital Media team, the Intern provides the support in carrying out the communication related activities of the district assigned, ensuring high quality of work and timely service delivery.
Digital Media at YUVA is at the forefront of advancing online communications and outreach within the organization and is seeking a graduate student with an interest in global issues and social media to assist in building our outreach efforts. This post will give you the opportunity to assist in developing digital strategies for campaign projects that raise awareness for and engage people in YUVA’s efforts to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals by 2025. This internship includes networking with YUVA’s online community, researching and implementing digital services for campaigning and project management of multimedia content and engagement tools.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Social Media Manager, the intern will specifically be responsible for the following:
- Keep up to date on new social media tools (especially Facebook and Instagram), best practice and how other organizations and companies are using them in order to identify new campaigning opportunities.
- Develop and implement strategies and new tools for recruiting and engaging supporters through social media.
- Support the management of YUVA’s global presence on social media including regular updates and personal communications with fans and followers.
- Have a demonstrated keen interest in the work of the YUVA and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Sustainable Developments 2025.
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of concentration.
- Ability to work under stress.
- Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments.
- Observing deadlines and achieving results.
- Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges.
- Remains calm in stressful situations.
Interns must have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals.
- Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise.
- Is willing to learn from others.
- Places team agenda before personal agenda.
- Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position.
- Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
- Keeps abreast of available technology.
- Understands applicability and limitations of technology to the work of the office.
- Actively seeks to apply technology to appropriate tasks.
- Shows willingness to learn new technology.
- Speaks and writes clearly and effectively.
- Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately.
- Asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication.
- Tailors language, tone, style and format to match audience.
- Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
Must be enrolled in a 1st year or above university degree in Marketing, Communication, Journalism, Public Relations or a related discipline.
Applicants are not required to have professional work experience for participation in the Internship Programme.
Setting and Reporting
The selected intern will work directly with the District President to whom he/ she is assigned. No transport is required as the intern will work directly from his place of residence but the intern must be in permanent contact with the Social Media Manager and his assigned team.
Applications should be emailed to: email@example.com by 29 February 2016. When sending to this mailbox, please ensure that the position you are applying for, ‘Marketing & Communications Internship’, is quoted on the subject line.
Job application form: Download Here
NOTE: After completing the job application form, please convert it to .PDF format and send it, along with a Cover Letter, to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.