YUVA internship programme offers an outstanding graduate-level student the opportunity to acquire direct exposure to YUVA’s work with the objective of deepening his/her knowledge and understanding of YUVA’s goals, principles and activities. It is designed to complement development-oriented studies with practical experience in various professional aspects. Interns are not financially remunerated by YUVA.
Objective of the internship: Intern assignment is an opportunity to learn through experience and develop relevant professional and soft skills. It will provide young specialist with a way to meaningfully contribute to peace and sustainable human development results. NOTE: YUVA internship programme is completely voluntary, no remuneration or stipends will be given.
Under the direct guidance and supervision of the Digital Media team, the Intern provides the support in carrying out the proper maintenance of YUVA’s website.
The Web Services Section (WSS) oversees the design, development and presentation YUVA’s website. WSS promotes best practices for web development and other Internet-related activities, including posting of articles and generating content. WSS also elaborates strategies to ameliorate the functioning of the website and to boost its number of visitors.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Web Development Manager, the intern will specifically be responsible for the following:
- Coordinating daily maintenance on the Website.
- Conceptualizing and creating dynamic web pages; drafting, editing, designing and updating web pages as needed and providing specialized editorial, design and programming assistance.
- Posting articles as per request of Head of Section.
- Prioritizing needs and monitoring web content regularly.
- Developing and managing relationships with media partners to raise profile of the website, in conjunction with the other web officers.
- Performing any other task assigned by the Head of Section as necessary.
- Have a demonstrated keen interest in the work of the YUVA and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Sustainable Developments 2025.
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of concentration.
- Ability to work under stress.
- Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments.
- Observing deadlines and achieving results.
- Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges.
- Remains calm in stressful situations.
- Interns must have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organisational goals.
- Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise.
- Is willing to learn from others.
- Places team agenda before personal agenda.
- Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position.
- Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
- Keeps abreast of available technology.
- Understands applicability and limitations of technology to the work of the office.
- Actively seeks to apply technology to appropriate tasks.
- Shows willingness to learn new technology.
- Speaks and writes clearly and effectively.
- Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately.
- Asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication.
- Tailors language, tone, style and format to match audience.
- Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
Must be enrolled in a 1st year or above university degree in Information systems Marketing, Communication, or a related discipline.
Applicants are not required to have professional work experience for participation in the Internship Programme.
Setting and Reporting
The selected intern will work in line with the Web Development Manager. No transport is required as the intern will work directly from his place of residence but the intern must be in permanent contact with the Digital Media Team.
Applications should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 29 February 2016. When sending to this mailbox, please ensure that the position you are applying for, ‘Web Officer’, is quoted on the subject line.
Job application form: Download Here
NOTE: After completing the job application form, please convert it to .PDF format and send it, along with a Cover Letter, to the following e-mail address: email@example.com.