Congratulations on being appointed as an Intern of YUVA. I would like to take this opportunity to welcome you on-board. We are pleased that you have chosen to be part of the YUVA secretariat, which undoubtedly gives you the opportunity to work in a dynamic, multicultural environment. It is an exciting and unique challenge to be part of such a working environment because it leads to a broader understanding of every part of the country.
Everything we do at YUVA has just one goal: the sustained well-being of children and young people, especially the most vulnerable. We work with families, communities, and partners to ensure that children and young people enjoy good health, are educated for life, experience the love of parents and their surroundings, and are cared for, protected, and participating. More importantly, we serve all children and young people — regardless of religion, race, ethnicity, or gender.
As a YUVAN, you will be entitled to promote, protect and advance young people’s human rights by building leadership and strengthening children and youth-led initiatives and movements. YUVA’s values are based on the assumption that leadership for our generation is not a singular concept, but embodies the challenge of bringing together people from diverse fields and schools of thought. We have the collective challenge of building leadership that can be reflected within our communities as much as in our policies.
Again, thank you for joining us, and welcome to the big YUVA family!
Let professionalism and fraternity begin…J L Athal
This webpage will guide you through the self-onboarding process to join YUVA as an Intern.
1. Internship Agreement
2. Send the following documents to email@example.com
- A scanned copy of your National Identity Card;
- A copy of your Curriculum Vitae (CV);
- Scanned copies of related certificates/qualifications mentioned in your CV; and
- A scanned copy of your latest (3 months) Certificate of Morality (submit the receipt of the application if you haven’t received the certificate yet).
- A scanned copy of your Certificate of Achievement from the YUVA Academy.
3. Medical information report
Fill in and submit the following medical information report:
4. Get to know YUVA
- Read every page on the YUVA website: https://yuvamauritius.com/
- Read every page on the YUVA Academy website: https://academy.yuvamauritius.com/
- Subscribe to the YUVA newsletter: https://yuvamauritius.com/yuvaccess/subscribe-to-our-newsletter/
- Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/yuvamauritius/
- Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/yuvamauritius/ Note that you will be assessed on what you’ve learnt from these websites.
You are required to fill in the attendance sheet first thing in the morning when you reach office and at the end of the day when you leave the office.
6. Task sheet
Use the following template to create a task sheet for you and keep it in your assigned Dropbox folder. You are required to keep a record of every task assigned to you in this sheet. Update it as you progress with your tasks or as you are assigned with new tasks. Your supervisor will monitor your work through this.
7. Working hours
Your working hours are as below for the probation period.
This may be revised at any time by your Supervisor or the Executive Director.
|Monday||8:30 AM to 5:00 PM|
|Tuesday||8:30 AM to 5:00 PM|
|Wednesday||8:30 AM to 5:00 PM|
|Thursday||8:30 AM to 5:00 PM|
|Friday||8:30 AM to 5:00 PM|
9. Reporting lines
Each member of the organisation, as represented in the organisational chart below, is expected to report to their direct upper line only, which is their supervisor. This is to ensure that there is no miscommunication and a smooth running of the organisation through proper management.
Download the WhatsApp application on your work laptop for communication and sharing of documents with your colleagues and director.
Download the Dropbox application on your laptop. All your work should be submitted on Dropbox.
11. Rules, Regulations and Code of Conduct
You are also expected to abide by any additional instructions given to you by your Supervisor or the Executive Director.
After your self onboarding, you will be given a tour of the workplace, introduced to all your colleagues, assigned a seat and added to the YUVA WhatsApp group.
Best of luck! Though it’s not luck that you need!