Duration: 6 hours (2 sessions x 3 hours) Schedule: Tuesday, 6 July 2021 (7 PM to 10 PM) and Thursday, 8 July 2021 (7 PM to 10 PM) Course fee: Rs 2,500
9,500Age eligibility: 18 or older Course format: Webinar on Microsoft Teams Mentor: J. L. Athal (LinkedIn)
Making ethical decisions when confronted with a dilemma is the key to success along the project leadership journey. This leadership course will introduce you to the fundamentals of ethical leadership. Discover how ethical leadership is used to make effective decisions in organisations across the world. Study the theory of ethical decision-making and leadership, including the 5 Decision-Making Theories of moral development, and examine how you can apply these insights to your day-to-day work within your organisation. By the end of the course, you will have a solid foundation in ethical decision-making, including understanding the models, frameworks, and difficulties involved.
Upon completing the course, you will receive a Certificate of Achievement from the YUVA Academy.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN?
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- What is ethics? – In this course, we’re going to explore ethics and ethical decision-making models.
- Ethical decision-making models – Now that you have an idea about what ethics is and different theories of how ethics can be viewed, let’s see what ethical leadership is.
- Perspectives on leadership ethics – Next, we will examine some of the work of prominent researchers who have explored issues relating to ethics and leadership.
- Unethical leadership – As we’ve been exploring this week, unethical actions by a leader can have a negative impact on their followers.
- The principles of ethical leadership – We’re now going to apply what we have learnt about ethical leadership to 20 real-life case studies.
- The dark side of leadership – There exists a dark side to leadership, in which leadership can be unethical and destructive. We’ll explore that here with the help of several case studies.
ABOUT YUVA ACADEMY
YUVA Academy is an MQA-registered Training Institution, which seeks to transform Mauritius by developing a powerful network of young leaders who will work together to address Mauritius’ greatest challenges, achieve extraordinary social impact, and accelerate the country’s growth trajectory.
Mauritius’ greatest need is ethical and entrepreneurial leadership. Too often, we only invest in addressing the symptoms of poor leadership in Mauritius: we give blankets, food, and medicine to those impacted by poverty, or we cannot create enough jobs for our young people. But these efforts will never stop unless we develop leaders who prevent adopt good governance, entrepreneurs who create jobs, and innovators that develop lasting solutions to the root causes of Mauritius’ problems. We aim to develop the future Nelson Mandela, the next Wangari Maathai, and the Mauritian Bill Gates.