Duration: 12 hours Schedule: 2 sessions x 6 hours Course fee: Free Eligibility: Be the parent of a child Venue: YUVA Academy, Level 2, Jade Court, Jummah Mosque Street, Port Louis, 11602
The Certificate in Positive Parenting Programme reiterates the fundamentals of a strong and secure family support system that aims to equip parents with the skills and confidence they need to be self-sufficient and to be able to manage family issues. This course can help get your parenting skills to where you want them to be. It covers a broad range of topics, including what parenting skills are, the dynamics of discipline, teaching values to our children, small and lovely daily habits that will make the difference and more!
It is ideal for all parents, but can also be a very useful tool for caretakers, grandparents, teachers, and anyone who spends a lot of time helping to shape the minds of the next generation. This course provides an overview of all the parenting skills that are necessary to raise a healthy and well-adjusted adult. It will also help you learn where and why some challenges may arise and how to best go about overcoming them. If you are about to become a parent, would like to become a more effective parent, or you want to learn more about how to effectively guide children, this course is for you!
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN?
The programme will give you the necessary practical skills and tools to help build the confidence you need to:
- Encourage personal understanding to enhance familial relationships,
- Develop effective strategies for promoting children’s development and dealing with common behavioural and developmental problems,
- Promote children’s development, health and social competencies,
- Prevent or reduce the severity of behavioural, emotional and developmental difficulties in children.
WHAT ARE THE COURSE OUTLINES?
Module 1: Introduction to Parenting Skills
Module 1 gives an overview of parenting skills. Understanding your child is one of the most important things that you should learn as a parent. It is the development of knowledge, skills, problem solving and dispositions, which help children to think about and understand the world around them. Communicating with children well helps them with the emotions they are unable to identify.
- What are parenting skills?
- Understanding Child Development
- Encouraging Intellectual Development
- Communicating with Your Kids
Module 2: The Dynamics of Discipline
Module 2 shows the dynamics of discipline. As a parent, one of your jobs is to teach your child how to behave. It’s a job that takes time and patience. But, it helps to learn effective and healthy discipline strategies. Teach children right from wrong with calm words and actions. Model behaviours you would like to see in your children.
- What is discipline?
- Having consequences, consistency and accountability.
- Using positive discipline
- Take-charge techniques for parents
Module 3: Teaching Your Child Values
Module 3 shows how values are the principles and standards of behaviour that one feels strongly about. This includes generosity, giving, kindness, compassion, integrity, and honesty. It also shows how to develop a healthy self-image and concept of self, it is essential to promote the positive attributes of your child and provide a safe, nurturing environment for exploration and building relationships. Your child will know exactly why they feel good or bad about something someone is doing.
- What are values and morals
- Instilling Self Esteem In Your Child
- Effective praise
- Teaching your child tolerance
Module 4: 10 Things That Will Make a Huge Difference (and why)
Module 4 gives us a picture of how most of us are caught up in a hectic whirlwind of activities which start on Monday morning, end on Sunday night and then begin all over again. It includes daily habits that can make a much bigger difference to your family relationships.
- Eat dinner together
- Learn to apologize and show forgiveness
- Model good behaviour
- Create a happy home
- Focus on their emotional intelligence
- Teach them confidence
- Forget focusing on their friendship
- Have realistic expectations
- Keep family time a top priority
- Show affection daily
DO YOU WANT TO APPLY?
Call us on 5252 5556.