The Ashinaga Africa Initiative is a fully funded academic leadership programme that aims to provide high potential orphaned students from across Sub Saharan Africa with access to higher education in Japan, the U.S.A. and Europe.
Our vision is that after graduating from university abroad, our scholars will return to Mauritius to become leaders and empower others.
Applications this year will be open to those who:
- Have lost one or both parents.
- Have completed secondary school and passed national secondary school examination (technical and vocational degrees not accepted) within the last two years (any date after 1st September 2017, including all of 2018 and 2019) or will have completed secondary school and received final exam results before February 28th, 2020.
- Were born after 1st September 1997.
- Are regularly ranked in the top 10% of their class during their last 2 or 3 years of secondary school.
- Are committed to return home, or to Sub-Saharan Africa, and contribute to society in Sub-Saharan Africa after graduating from university
We are currently encouraging students to register for our programme using our online pre-registration form.