YUVA and AIESEC Reduit (Mauritius) have signed a partnership agreement to outline the cooperation between the two organisations in regard to the social project Extricate Minds, which is aligned to the Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) number 3.
The social project is a practical working and learning experience for the Exchange Participant to become self-aware, solution driven, responsible for the world and to be able to empower others in a foreign cultural environment.
YUVA will be empowering AIESEC’s international volunteers or exchange participants by:
- Creating awareness about the different forms of mental and emotional disorders and abuse, and how to deal with them;
- Identifying factors that are promoting mental disorders in Mauritius and coming up with solutions and prevention programs;
- Upgrading the quality of mental health services in Mauritius;
- Assisting Mauritians with psychological disorders and empowering them through activities such as painting, sports and arts;
- Interacting sessions to empower other young people through the sharing of experiences and role plays;
- Organising walks to promote self-awareness, acceptance and to support the socially and mentally stigmatised youth of the conservative Mauritian society;
- Organising events such as a Mental Health Day, where people can assist performances of the mentally disabled Mauritians, promoting their inclusion in the society;
- Setting up donation camps to help cater for the necessities for the mentally affected people’
- Sensitisation campaigns to educate the public, especially the youth, about the importance of a good mental and emotional health; and
- Encouraging initiatives to attend to causes and consequences of interpersonal and collective violence.
Everything we do at YUVA has just one goal: the sustained well-being of children and young people, especially the most vulnerable. We work with families, communities, and partners to ensure that children and young people enjoy good health, are educated for life, experience the love of parents and their surroundings, and are cared for, protected, and participating. More importantly, we serve all children and young people — regardless of religion, race, ethnicity, or gender.
For more information about our projects, visit: https://yuvamauritius.com/yuvactivism/projects/
AIESEC is a global organisation striving to achieve peace and fulfilment of humankind’s potential by activating leadership qualities in youth through learning from practical experiences in challenging environments. With offices in more than 122 countries and territories, AIESEC is a non-political, independent, not-for-profit organization run by students and recent graduates of institutions of higher education. Around the world, AIESEC partners with more than 2,600 universities and 8000+ organizations to facilitate professional and personal development experiences for young people across the globe.
For more information visit: www.aiesec.org