Deadline for application: 28 February 2018
Period: 5 March to 31 August 2018
Remuneration: On a voluntary basis
Project/Department(s): Public Relations and Communications
Working hours: Monday to Friday (8:30am to 4pm) and Saturday (8:30am to noon)
Office address: YUVA Head Office, Level 2, Jade Court, Jummah Mosque Street, Port Louis 11602, Mauritius
Award: A formal letter of appraisal will be granted to you upon the successful completion of the internship.
Essential Job Duties/Scope of Work:
The Digital Communication team is responsible for telling the stories of our beneficiaries and the work we do across multiple digital platforms. Our work helps to grow and engage our supporter base, raise brand visibility, and support the success of fundraising efforts by creating a deeper connection between our supporters and the work we do.
The Digital Communications Internship is an excellent opportunity for someone seeking experience in digital communications and marketing, international NGOs, or content creation.
- Learn how to use social media platforms to tell stories and build relationships in the non-profit context
- Learn best practices for non-profit communications and fundraising across digital channels
- Provide input into digital campaigns and day-to-day digital communication activities
- Gain experience in content creation, and the strategic use of content to build relationships
- Gain experience in day-to-day management of online communities by working closely with our Executive Director
- Gain experience in the day-to-day tasks of a non-profit communications team
- Track new platforms and technologies and keep the Digital Communications team informed of new developments and digital communication opportunities
- Strong work ethic, excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and all major social media platforms
- Excellent command of basic grammar, spelling and composition
- Strong writing skills preferred
- Experience with writing, photography, or filmmaking preferred
All candidates must be willing to follow instructions, policies and procedures.