YUVA has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Nigeria’s Dopachris Trust Foundation (DTF) with the aim to endorse poverty alleviation in the continent of Africa.
Mr Krishna Athal, National President of YUVA and Mr Okereafor Emmanuel, chief executive officer of DTF have signed the MoU today.
About Dopachris Trust Foundation
DTF organisation is a foundation for Development of orphanage youths and poverty alleviation designed for skill training and secondary education of an orphanage youths. DTF helps in organising free Adult youths secondary education, empowerment to entrepreneur scheme, assisting the Development of Rural communities on the same empowerments and promoting youth’s sensitisation. Many orphanage homes only exist in rendering a Business forum with a personal interest on profit making through child labour.
DTF assists only Helpless and Hopeless youths, dropped from schools, orphanage homes, and Helpless youths become useful tools to the society. The organisation trains them in different profession like sewing, shoe making, carpentry, Driving, making Blocks and Building design, computer Repairs, photography and secondary education.
This foundation was designed to meet up the urgent needs in the life of our young leaders of today, and tomorrow.
Aim and Objectives
- Provision of assistance to children in need /drop out of school in orphanage home
- It seeks participation and help from like-minded people/ other related organisations in creating greater base for the foundation to give a true shape and substances to the objectives envisage.
- Management and support for orphanages/schools or other education institutions for young people.
- Helping other orphanage/Destitute Homes.
- To enable them acquire proper social services and make them completely free from any abuse and be equal to the privilege peer groups in the physical, emotional, social, mental and spiritual dimensions, so as to attain full development.
The vision of the orphanage project is to have a self-sustaining Community Consisting of Youths, Orphanages, Training Centre, and other facilities that helps a community to succeed.
To provide secondary education, Vocational training, and assistance to those who become orphans, to enable them give all rounded supportive services, so as to be effective and useful citizens of the country.